It's All About Coco

It's All About Coco
The Love Of Our Life

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Letter to the Editor - Rye Record

We were very touched to see this letter to the Editor in the Rye Record. We did not realize this, but the Gazebo where we got Married on the Town Green in Rye was a memorial to the victims of 9/11. The woman who co-created the memorial wrote in to say how happy she was to see the gazebo used for our wedding ceremony. Here is the letter.

Congratulations!

Dear Editor,

As president of Rye September 11th 2001 Memorial, Inc. and co-creator of the September 11th Gazebo on the Village Green, I want to express my happiness at reading that our gazebo was the site of a wedding ceremony for Chris Fraley and Victor Self. While I do not personally know the newlyweds, I speak for my entire committee of family and friends who lost a loved one almost ten years ago when I say this is the most beautiful affirmation that life does indeed carry on. Our dear Sean, who was killed on September 11th 2001, and whose name is inscribed on a plaque at our gazebo, would be so touched to know this memorial is also serving as a place of happiness and celebration, and not one of only sadness and grief.So, I offer my heartfelt congratulations to the new couple, Mr. Fraley and Mr. Self, and wish them a long, happy, and healthy life together. And I thank them for choosing the gazebo as the place to officially begin their married life.

Sincerely,Holly O’Neill-Melville

No comments:

Post a Comment